Saturday, March 26, 2011

Grub x Illest x Grub

So JN and I finally had a day off from work decided to make a trip out to LA with a few stops. The first stop as was at Famous Dave's BBQ out in Rancho. Passed by this place a few times and was always curious. Went in and this placed smelled Dank! The decor was really cool. All the hardware were made out of iron pipes. We started off tasting their BBQ sauces which were; Rich & Sassy, Georgia Mustard, Texas Pit, and Sweet & Zesty, which all of them were good. JN ordered the Georgia Chopped Pork and I ordered the St. Louis Rib-N-Meat BBQ Combo. Every time I eat ribs, I compare it to two places/chef, Phil's BBQ in SD and HP's BBQ ribs at my apt in Pasadena.







After Famous Dave's BBQ, we went to Downtown LA so JN can get some stuff. Straight BT for me! After that we went to ILLEST in JTown. Been wanting to go to this store for a while, but never had the time. Simple boutique, with 15 t-shirts, 5 sweaters, etc.. Got myself some gear of course.


Walking around in JTown we ran into my friends Helen and James and chatted up with them for a bit. Then I got hungry again and decided to have a early dinner. Since we're in JTown why not go to Daikouya for Ramen. Of course this place had a line when we got there. While we were outside waiting, across the street at the Miyako Hotel there were a bunch of biker dudes that were wearing chaps with nothing covering their asses. Strait fuckin gross! Almost lost my appetite. Nonetheless, the wait wasn't too bad, after 15 mins, we got in. We both ordered the Daikokuya Ramen noodles and I also ordered their fried rice. Don't know what it is about their fried rice, but its Dank!



FOOD COMA! The End!


No comments:

Post a Comment